Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Bugs, bugs and bugs?

Although I wanted to have a more formal beginning to my blog, I'm sorry to say, but I'll just jump in with what's been going on now.
But first things first: Thank you Erica "Lucy" for designing and setting this blog for me!!! You rock, my friend!

Warning: the following content might not be suitable to read with any edible substances in your hands. Especially if you plan on consuming it.

So, we've been in TX now for two weeks and a lot has happened. I've been on "vacation mode" so it left me no time for emails or blogs. Going places, keeping busy, all up to last week. When Toby decided to start a domino effect of the flu bug...or so we thought.
We had been playing hard at a jump place (very similar to J.J.Jump) called Heros (which reminded me how much I miss watching that show). And if you're a mom, then you know all the kinds of risks you take going to such places but still go because it's worth the 2hrs I sat and talked with my sweet sister in law (we had a lot to catch up on).
That evening Toby had the pukes, not once, not twice, but thrice!!! Of course Davin and I worked very well together and even traded duties with each episode. "You wash the kid, I wash the bedding and start another load of laundry" I was so grateful to have Davin "in town"!
But that wasn't the end of that, he had the runs for the following 4 days. (which really puts a twist on my laundry schedule)

So, that was one bug.

Then, Friday, Davin came home early from work and was feeling just horrible. He was aching all over and had a 102 fever. And I though...oh, great! Here we go! But his bug was just that, the aching and the fever all weekend and that was that.

And that was a different bug.

Then Sunday night Isaac came to our room with a though: "Mom, I THINK I don't feel so good, and I THINK I might throw up" This was at 2:30am. And my brillian husband in his sleep answers: "Go downstairs and get yourself a bottle of water". As I think...he's not gonna make it, he's not gonna make it. Isaac starts running back up the stairs yelling "I DO have to throw up!!"
And both Davin and I just lay there in bed knowing that he'll not only make it, but he'll rinse, and he'll wipe any residue that might be on the seat AND brush his teeth. :) Ahhh, so nice to have a 7 almost 8 year old!
And that was the end of that, he woke up just fine, and hungry, and full of energy the next day.

And that was yet another bug.

Now, it got so hot yesterday that Isaac was running around with his shirt off and I noticed some "bumps" on his back. But they were big and stuck out and were in a cluster of about 10 on his left shoulder blade. So, I knew they weren't "those" kind of bumps thank God! But it only left me to think that they were bug bites? So, after a lot of showing and prodding and talking, we all came to the conclusion that it might be bugs, now, what kind of bugs? We don't know. Texas bugs I guess :)

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Yuck, I am so sorry :(
We all just went through a bug (Brynna and I had one, Caleb and John had another) for about two weeks... yuck!

I have heard bad things about Texas bugs, but have never experienced them yet... I am sorry you had to, just wait until you find a lizard in your house. Wait maybe in the Dallas area that doesn't happen? I will pray ;)

We miss you, but it's SO good to hear what is going on in your life!

Keep bloggin :)

Priscila said...

Yup, thank you for praying. I was so glad the flu had skipped us this winter! Of course we had to get it here and pass it around the cousins. The twins were throwing up the same night Isaac was. We had taken them all to see Horton Hears a Who and they ALL shared their drinks! Yikes!

We did see lizards, just out on the driveway though :) And of course, my boys had to pick it up and show it to me. Yuck!

Erica said...

That sounds just yucky! All the while being pregnant and having to worry about you getting sick! I'm so sorry! I hope you all are done with it and can have some fun!!! I hope your blog looks better now. Is everything centered? Or, did it look fine before? It was way off to the right on my computers so I changed it.

Priscila said...

Thank you, Erica! Much better now. I tried to figure out how to center it but gave up in less than 5 min. I guess my patience is just not there, specially when I have to learn something new. My brain feels pretty full. :)