Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Back online :-)

Hello again and pardon my absence. Life, new life has been happening at our home. New adjustments and new routines but I'm loving every bit of it.
I wanted to post a few newer pictures of Andrew. So here's Mr. Adorable.

And now for a few of my favorite things:

1. Davin's homemade granola. I eat this over yogurt at least 3 times a day, it is my super-snack for this nursing mom. We got the recipe from my friend Willow's blog, although Davin tweaked it and put hazelnuts into it instead of almonds since I'm allergic to them and he added dried sweetened cranberries at the end.

2. My Itzbeen gadget. This is how I keep track of the caring of Mr. Andrew. This is the best gadget ever invented...so far. It helps me keep track of when I last changed his diaper, his last feeding, his sleeping and even I could keep track of his last dose of medicine if he needed it. Oh, and it has a switch to slide from left to right to keep track of which side I fed him last :) Just what a busy mom of 5 needs!!! It clips on my pocket and goes with me everywhere in the house.

3. "What time is it? Summertime!" We've officially started our summer break at the Petersen academy :) Although I'm not so sure how much I like for the boys to have all this free time. I kinda liked the structure of schooling in the morning and playing in the afternoon. So, I've been planning outings and special things with the kids. For example: Garage band on Monday. I helped them set up the drums, keyboard and percussion on a very nice rug we got from some friends in our garage. Tuesday, we went to the library. And today we went to the park. Tomorrow we'll set up our tent in the backyard and play in it. Friday will be our backwards day, we'll start with dessert for breakfast and breakfast for dinner. And since I don't like too much repetition, we'll do something completely different next week :) And THAT's our summer plan.

4. After all is quiet and the big boyz have gone to bed, Davin and I sit and enjoy his homemade strawberry-watermelon sorbet. Yummm-y!

4 comments:

Erica said...

He's so cute, love the new look & I want a bowl!!!! That looks nummy! I'm glad you're back online! I've missed you!!

Anonymous said...

Ooohhh...he looks so cuddly! And I DO think that is an accurate description of the "flavor" of a baby...Hudson makes my mouth water too and so does that sorbet so that sounds just about right! :)

I'm so glad you all are making such a nice adjustment! I think that backwards "day" is a fun idea! :) We have backwards "dinner" every Friday...starting with dessert first and then the main course after that. The girls LOVE it! Mommy just has to come up with ideas for new desserts that are good but not TOOO good if you know what I mean! :)

Loves to you Pris.
(ps...that monitor thing is a very cool idea. Much more efficicient than the method I used to determine which side I nursed last..."feeling" for the fuller side :) oopps maybe TMI.

Becky said...

So glad to have you back online...I've missed you! I've been checking your blog for new posts daily! That sorbet looks amazing!

Erin said...

I LOVE reading your blog! I am glad you are back! Go creative Mommy! Your boys are so blessed to have a mommy like you. And how awesome Davin is with his cakes, granola, & sorbet!