Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Ethan and his word choices

Our 5 yr. old Ethan has been "struggling" (I'm coming to think I AM the one struggling in the correction dept.) with some bad language he learned recently from a little boy in our neighborhood. Davin and I got him in trouble many times and keep reminding him not to use that word OR spell it. He had been going around spelling it "ay-es-es".
Well, today, this mommy, who had been "single-parenting" since Monday because Daddy is traveling for work, had had it. The boys were watching Star Wars IV, and there is a scene where C3PO tells R2D2 "Watch your language!" (after the short robot had beeped some nonsense) Ethan blurts out "He must have said "You're an ASS C3PO!"" To which this mommy flung open the kitchen cupboard and took out the Tabasco sauce, stomped her feet over to the 5 yr. old and squeezing his cheeks dropped not a couple of drops, but a huge squirt of this disgustingly spicy potion (I really didn't mean for it to be a lot, but you know how things can just squirt out without your control, really!).
So, I think this will be the end of that particular word around here...until he learns another one that is.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lively day you are having! In our family we have tried the hot sauce before but I currently found that for the offense of lying which one of my kiddos is currently working on, a small dab of cayenne pepper is VERY effective...much more potent! :) And less messy since it's not drippy! :) In case he learns a new word in the future! (which by the way is so frustrating isn't it? Averi told me another girl showed her how to run from "mean boys" at VBS!! Lovely!)

Erica said...

I can just see it all going down....He's so cute though....I've never tried hot sauce, Hunter is allergic to something spicy so that's out...bummer!!!

Erin said...

That is hilarious! ANd I love you descriptions girl!