Well, we finally joined the ER club ;) And I'm so glad this was a minor trip at that.
On Thursday the 3rd, Isaac was riding his bike (at a very high speed down a hill I might add) and flipped his bike over a rock on the ground. This brave little 8yr old walked himself AND his bike (with a flat tire) home crying and with a very bloody foot. We couldn't clean his wound because it hurt SOO much, so Davin and I decided he needed to go to the ER. His foot looked like it had a big flap of skin hanging. Davin took him at 7pm and was seen by a dr. a few hours later, got 8 stitches and came home by 11:30pm (I've heard that is record time for our ER :)
He is doing well now and is very proud of his wound. He made sure to tell us that he didn't want us putting anything on his stitches that would reduce scarring.
Oh, and I won't post pictures due to the nature of this posting ;) lol
11 years ago


4 comments:
what is it about boys and ER's - our first trip ever was with Hudson the day we got home to the hospital! Nothing major but not a club I was interested in being a part of!! Glad your baby is doing well! And SOOO glad Davin wasn't out of town when it happened!
He is awesome! I love that he wants the scar! He is a tough little man!
I can't believe this was your first trip! Good job at staying away!
And I can't believe he walked on it all the way home :( Poor guy
WOW! What a trip..we haven't been there yet. Could you imagine taking all 5 if Davin wasn't home!? WHEW! Glad he's okay!
Post a Comment