Friday, August 15, 2008

Happy Birthday Gabe!

My first born, you truly are a gift from God. You are such a loving boy, compassionate, caring, responsible, who makes me want to be a better mom. You are so smart! Linear thinker who wants to have things be just so, I'm sorry you got stuck with a mom who is as far from a linear thinker as possible! And thank you for adjusting so well to my randomness :)
I love you more than you know and seeing you grow up makes me proud and sad all at once. I love you no matter what.
A couple of stories I remember from when you were little...
When we lived in K.Falls and you were 18mo., grandma lite and I had put wallpaper up in your room, we had worked really hard all weekend.(thank God for paint now!) You were sleeping in your crib up against the wall and the first day you slept in your newly decorated room, you decided to pick at the wall paper through the bars of your crib. You ripped looooong pieces of wall paper off the wall. That was the first time I yelled at you. I'm sorry. You looked at me like I was some sort of alien and cried. We both cried. Then I moved your crib to the middle of your room from then on.
When you were 8 we were driving through a Wal-Mart parking lot and had to stop to let a group of blind people cross the road. You said: "Oh, man! The litter crew is here!" That was really funny...in a sad kind of way.

I wanted to post some pictures of you growing up, but the sad thing is that there are a lot of them in boxes. The digital era started 5yrs after you were born, so I promise I will scan pictures for you, another day.
You'll always be my buddy, you tell your wife that too! :)













7 comments:

Jenn Pete said...

What great pictures... what a great boy.

Good to see you blogging again :)

Happy Birthday Great Mom (with a tear in my eye too)

With lots of love -
Aunt Jenn

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

Enjoys the day with you sweet biggest boy!

Erica said...

Happy Birthday buddy!!! Hope you had a wonderful day!!

Dame Katy said...

How sweet! He is a great cousin! Can he please invite me to his blog?

Becky said...

Your blog made me cry! You are a great mom...Happy Birthday Gabe!

Stephanie said...

I am super late, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
And I love the song you picked out, I used to sing that when I was little!

Themorrisbunch said...

I too am super super late....
But better late than never!
Happy Birthday Big Guy!

You're such a great mom Priscila! I admire you so much!
You are SuperMom!!