Saturday, October 4, 2008

Christmas in October

Well, not really. But it sure feels like it.

We received PART of Isaac's materials for home school yesterday and we were so excited that we did a few hours of school today! :) (Saturday!) And that's the beauty of it, we can, if we want to :)

Isaac learned about the difference between representational vs. abstract art, thanks to Daddy who sat so patiently with him and taught it to him (on his only day home this week :(

He also got to choose what kind of artwork he wanted to do for his art class and what type (representational or abstract) He chose representational and drew this bird. I'm so blessed by his drawings! He's become better and better with little practice (I guess it's in the blood).

He also did a self-portrait last week and I just wanted to run and frame it.


I, somehow, got stuck teaching him about the weather and the different kinds of clouds and types of precipitation and we had to read the material online 3 times because of some business Isaac had in La-La Land that hadn't been resolved before he decided to sit at the computer with me.


I still cannot believe all this is free!! I keep thinking that nice UPS man (who's been coming to our house daily for the last 10 days and knows all the boys names by now) is going to come knocking asking for us to return it all, bubble wrap and all (which has been cheap entertainment) and this is all a misunderstanding, but no. He just smiles and hands me (with one hand)the boxes, warning me (as if to insinuate I'm fragile) that the box is heavy.
We, act politely and smile back, but the minute that door is closed, we run for a sharp instrument (and walk slowly back with it) to tear open into yet another wonderful box full of my favorite things: Books, (yes, I love books even though I don't read them) and office supplies (in this case, school supplies).

And Gabe, drew this in his Illustration class at "Friday School" (the christian home school co-op we attend on Fridays) He also has become quite the artist! :)

And how could there be a blog posting without a picture of Andrew? Well, glad you asked, here he is, Davin rocked him to sleep in the boys' IKEA chair that hangs from our family room ceiling.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't get it Pris...are you saying that the actual supplies are free? Please do tell more!

Themorrisbunch said...

Woo-stinkin'-Hoo!!!
Can't wait to get mine!!!
I'm trying to get my sister on board....

You should post a video clip of Mr. Adorable spinning that chair in circles with his feet ;)
That was hilarious!

Jenn Pete said...

You put all the excitement of the new school and the interactions with the UPS man so well... I might just cut and paste your blog into mine :) We still have a few places to smooth out, but Friday went really well. I'm excited about next week :)
Jenn

Erica said...

How COOL!!! That is a LOT of materials! I'm excited for you all!! Oh, Mr. Adorable....he's so darn CUTE!!! Missed you at church! Let's get together SOON!!!

Stephanie said...

OOOh I can't wait to do this next year (yes you have totally convinced me LOL).

And your boys are excellent artists (you can tell them I said that).

Give that cute sleeping baby kisses from me... he is way too adorable!

Unknown said...

YOu have me convinced too!!! What is the program called?