Tuesday, June 16, 2009

A little randomness

It was one of those "If you give a mouse a cookie" kind of moments. As I went to Walmart last night to buy some thread to fix the back of our couch. The rip has been there for a while now and the stuffing peeks out and looks really ugly, but what really bothers me about this is that baby Andrew can reach there now and has been taking the stuffing OUT of the couch and CHOKING on it!

So, here I was, since it was late, I had to park by the produce doors and saw the bananas and oranges that I needed to get and as I was thinking about fruit, I remembered that we were out of yogurt. Being all the way in the back of the store I had to refocus and remember why I had come to the store in the first place. So I headed to where they keep the threads. But I saw all this summery stuff in the middle of the aisle by the toys, so I remembered that Davin wanted to make the boys more swords and had to buy 2 of the pool noodles (which weren't there in the middle) so I started searching for them by the toys and the pool treatment stuff and walked past the sporting stuff and remembered that our basketball got stollen...AGAIN and needed to get a new one. Got that and had to remind myself to go get the thread for the couch. So, I start to walk back through the toys and spot a "Sesame Street Fish tank" and decide right there that a fish is what we need to test our family's wants for a dog. The boys had been asking for a dog for years now, and I was just about ready to JUST DO IT, but I feared the responsibilities would all fall on me after a few weeks. So, a fish is a good pet test.

Saw the pool noodles on the way there, grabbed two of those and kept walking.

I swing by the threads and pick the upholstery kind and head on over by the fish wall. As I walk in that direction I remember that Gabe needed some hair gel and make a mental note to grab that on the way out.

Got my beta, got my 30 min. talk on the care and maintenance of fish by this very nice walmart employee (a little long winded, but very knowledgeable).

Grabbed the gel on the way out and head to the cashier. Got in the car. Got home. Everyone was asleep and I had a bunch of washing and boiling to do to get the tank ready. Went to bed after 1am and all that because I needed to get some thread.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

LOL, I do this often :) So funny and so true :)

Tami said...

Love the story!! I'm amazed that you remembered the thread! I would have forgotten it! LOL

Unknown said...

I think that must be a WalMart thing!!! I do that constantly, and, if I'm not totally awake, I always forget what I went there for!! Sounds like a fun trip!!!

Erin said...

I do the same thing!!! And when I am tired I just browse more and more!