Tuesday, April 1, 2008

April Fools?! NOT!!!

I started the day very productively today. I've been gathering things and clothes all over the house getting ready to pack as we only have 3 days left here in TX. Did 4 loads of laundry, folded and packed them in suitcases all before lunch (now THAT is a record for this pregnant mommy). So, I decided we needed a reward for all that hard work and took the kids to get Jack in the Box for lunch, and we went for a drive to see what was beyond that. I figured we've been here 5 weeks and we've never gone on the other side of I-35 except to the super Target and Toys R Us right next to the freeway. So we wondered off with my handy GPS, of course! And not 2 miles away, we found this awesome park to play at. Yippee!!!
All was going well until we pulled up our driveway only to find our washing machine exiting our home through the garage. We were both surprised to see each other (the poor appliance guy and me). And all of the sudden...I panicked! I thought...if the washer is out here, where is my laundry?? (I NEVER thought I'd feel this attached to laundry in my life!)
As he showed me the work order to pick up the appliance, I walked Toby up to his room and noticed that all my precious and neatly piled and separated laundry was all mixed up now and on the floor. He was kind enough to take the clothes out of the washer and put them in the dryer, but he had dumped all the clean clothes that were in the dryer on the floor and scooted my piles into one huge mess to make room for the dolly and washer. Ughhh!
Don't worry, I've got my washer back and it was just a misunderstanding on the rental order, they've reschedule it for AFTER we leave. And all is back to its beautiful order. My mom and mother in law would be so proud of me! I have to admit that laundry has always been on my top NOT favorite things to do, but that is changing and hopefully I'll get my new washer and dryer thanks to the IRS and their little "kicker" incentive to stimulate the economy :) Hey! I gotta do my part, don't I? :)

3 comments:

Erica said...

oh geesh! That is so crazy! I'm proud of you for getting so much done today!!! I'm sure the kids are not wanting to come home though! So much time with their cousins!!! I'm glad things got worked out! Miss you and can't wait to see you!!!

Priscila said...

Thank you Erica! I miss you too!! Let's plan a girl's night out next week! I HAVE to see ya'll!
Yes, the kids aren't ready to go home, but I miss my friends and my home so much! Not really looking forward to the drastic change in temperature though ;(

Stephanie said...

Oh how crazy, I would have been FREAKING out, I mean what would you have done with a bunch of wet and dirty clothes??? Glad it all got worked out though... and what kind of washer and dryer are you getting??? Front loading??? We went too practical when we bought ours, maybe our next house will come with fancy ones ;)