We had promised Gabe that for his birthday we would take him to the Lego Store in Tigard. It's been a couple of weeks so we were due to follow up with our promise.
So, with our allowances in our pockets and a lot of excitement, we headed off to pick up Katy and Jacob (niece and nephew visiting from TX) and swap them for Toby at Grandpa and Grandma's house on Saturday.
The ride there was fun and I'm about to insert here a QUOTE OF THE DAY because it was too funny not to mention this.
Gabe and Katy are looking at a "Healthy Kid's Cookbook" my friend Brienne had given me the night before and they're reading the title of one the recipes. Katy reads it out loud:
"Chicken and Leek pie...uhmm that doesn't sound so good, Leek is a fish"
Gabe replies:
"Leek is a plant"
Both Davin and I just about spit all our Starbucks on the dashboard we laughed so hard!
Back to Legos. Since we arrived at Washington Square right at noon, we took the kids to eat at "Good Dog, Bad Dog" a hot dog place Davin likes to eat at when he's at the airport. I guess they have three or more restaurants in the area. It was ok for me, but the fries is what I would rave about :)
Then Gabe and I spotted a "Dippin Dots" stand near the food court and decided we would finally try some. We had watched a show on how they made that kind of ice cream and were so intrigued as to what it tasted like.
They were super yummy! Specially the mocha flavor one!
And finally, to the Lego store where we spent enough to feed a small village in Africa and get a few free passes to Legoland for our trip next May.
Sunday was declared "Stay home, skip church to build with Legos all day" day. And we stayed all cozy and comfy at home :)



8 comments:
I did not know there was a lego store there. Oh, Jones is just going to die when I tell him. Maybe for Christmas. Hhmm... I love your pictures! So fun! I am cracking up over your mugs & t-shirt!
Oh, sorry about that, there's no caption to explain why I took a picture of the girl that works at the Lego store (that's her apron you see).
You see, she was showing us a trick to legally be able to fit more legos in that container :)
By the way, that's Mommy's legos! I picked out cute color ones to put in a jar. The boys think that's a little unfair, but they're MY legos and I'll play or not play with them if I want to :0)
I love your personal dippen dots! I laughed out loud... so stinkin' cute!
And I love the Lego store, but you know what?! We haven't been since Caleb got into them! We have to go sometime, he would freak out!
love the mugs too! Looks like a really fun weekend!
Love it!
My boys are SOOOOO into Legos, courtesy of Timothy, Uncle Joshua, Uncle Michael and Nana... *SIGH*
I believe they are getting Legos for Christmas. I would like to be able to take them to the Lego store as well. That way they can bask in it all ;)
Glad you're enjoying the cookbook, Leeks and all.
I MISS YOU CEEP!!!!
I want to drink Starbucks and go to the Lego store and skip church... well 2 out 3 ain't bad :)
Sounds like you had a BLAST! Lost of fun! Good thing for the free passes too....I don't know if you guys will ever make it out of Legoland! You may just have try DRAG them all out, it's THAT cool!!!
Legos, play-doh, and coloring with crayons. People could save a lot of money spent in therapy if they'd just take advantage of those 3 things :)
And your reason for skipping church....completely legit!
Have a great weekend :)!
HOw fun! I really want to take Elijah there too...it'd be a fun birthday treat!! :) Love your pics!
Post a Comment