Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Aaaah Christmas is here!

It's finally here! I love Christmas and all that comes with it!
Our tree is up, our candles are filling my home with sweet smells, the ipod is set to holiday music all day long and the decorations are still coming out of the boxes Davin brought down from the attic last weekend.

It's time to trim down this year, I'm getting rid of decorations I havent' used in years but kept because of "sentimental" value. Who cares about sentiments when it's just cluttering my attic?!

This year is SO different from all previous years, maybe because of the economy, maybe because it was just time to focus on Jesus. The boys are getting 1 present each from us and they know this, pressure's off, we are happy. Really happy!

We've opened the second door on our Lego Advent calendar and the excitement that filled the room was just so neat to watch. They are taking turns opening doors, so I've labeled each door with whose name is supposed to open that day (that way there's no confusion and no one left out)

(Insert mental picture here)

My camera is acting up, the flash is too flashy and washes out every picture. It will have to go to the camera doctor. Until then, imagine my boys smiley faces, our beautiful tree, Davin hanging up our house christmas lights on a ladder (you really have to imagine that one hard because that hasn't happened yet. He's in Seattle for the next three weeks.)

Also, this year I wanted to do a Jesse Tree and we've been reading "The Jesus Storybook Bible"(which we ABSOLUTELY love!) and just last night I found a nice enough pdf file that I can download with all the ornaments for the Jesse Tree.

Oh, and I found another addiction. Nutella. We've got the Costco size containers. It's almost like eating frosting, but much better. Now I'm looking for a good Nutella brownie recipe...and my fat jeans...just in case they decide to stick around. :) (the brownies that is)

5 comments:

Themorrisbunch said...

Nutella, eh?

Does that come as a Wednesday night pie special?

I'll come take some pics for ya ;)

Anonymous said...

Oooh. A grumpy camera. That can be frustrating!

I can imagine it though!

We are on day two of our Jesse tree! We LOVE IT! Talk about inspiring good dinner conversation. And showing our kids from a young age how the whole bible is about Jesus! Something I wasn't even close to "getting" even as a young adult! (I guess that makes me an old adult now! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh and I JUST got our Jesus Storybook Bible in the mail. It came highly recommended by Sally Clarkson author of Mission of Motherhood and I was going to give it to Halle for her bday but I don't know if I can hide it that long!

Becky said...

I am so loving it all too!! Don't you love the Lego Advent...we are 'holding off' to open them together at dinner....I get sooo excited!!

Stephanie said...

Hmm, haven't tried Nutella, but I might need to now!

And we are only doing one gift too (and stockings), I love it! It's so much less pressure!!!